Cedars-Sinai Systems Integration Analyst in Los Angeles, California
From within the IT department, under general supervision, supports various IT
systems and is responsible for the implementation, integration, and
maintenance of the assigned system(s). Serve as the liaison with the
- Performs as liaison for EIS to the functional Department with the selected
software and hardware throughout design, implementation and maintenance
phases of the system.
- Coordinates communications and collaborates with the functional department
stake holders and concerned EIS departments to establish project timelines
and implementation milestones to achieve maximum utilization of available
systems. Demonstrates ability to follow-up to implement, coordinate and
complete these responsibilities accurately within established time frame.
- Coordinates the planning, requirements definition, system design, and
implementation of all system applications in collaboration with appropriate
stakeholders Clearly identifies decision points that must be achieved to
maintain the project timeline. Facilitates and manages the re-engineering of
systems and/or positions to maximize the benefits of automating department
functions and meet client / user needs.
- Attains seamless exchange of information and functionality between all
components of the system and user departments. Identifies the methodologies
and approaches for providing solutions to existing and new departmental
functions. Provides leadership and promotes effective collaboration and
teamwork among individuals from multiple disciplines, and across the
- May participate in user groups, advisory committees and/or feedback
sessions with appropriate participants to generate input and on-going support
as needed. Interdisciplinary participation will be sought at appropriate
phases of development and implementation.
- Coordinates and participates in system/UAT testing in conjunction with
- Independently or in collaboration with others, develops user training
materials and plans; leads/participates in user training.
- Assists with upgrade, enhancement, implementation and SDLC support for
- Documents and assists with change management process for technical and
functional changes to systems/software/applications.
- Gathers functional requirements from user departments, develops
functional design and specifications documentation for
Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Assures systems are designed to conform to regulatory and Corporate
•Occasionally lifts up to 30 lbs
•Office environment in a healthcare setting
•Participates in team on-call support during off-business hours
•Knowledge of HL7 and/or EDI X12, Healthcare integration required.
•Epic Bridges, HL7 certifications is a plus
•Experience working with EMR and/or Ancillary Healthcare products is a plus.
•Proficient in RDBMS concepts and using SQL.
Educational requirements and/or preferences:
•Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent
•2+ years of experience as an IT systems analyst, or operational end-user in a
large and complex environment, preferably in healthcare.
•Consulting experience in healthcare IT or health information a plus.
•Experience with gathering data requirements and documentation of these
•Basic understanding of business process mapping is required
•Understanding of the core business processes and services delivered in
•Strong interpersonal skills are required