Cedars-Sinai Sr. Solutions Engineer in Los Angeles, California
Sr. Solutions Engineer Requisition # E10087
Come join us and find out why Cedars-Sinai has been ranked as one of the top 100 best places to work in IT as ranked by 2017 Computerworld Magazine. Always at the forefront of technologies, Cedars-Sinai is implementing EPIC as its comprehensive electronic medical record system.
The Enterprise Information Services (EIS) team at Cedars-Sinai understands that true clinical transformation and the optimization of a clinical information systems implementation is fueled through the alignment of the right people, processes and technologies.
Currently our EIS Team is recruiting for a Sr. Solutions Engineer.
As the Sr. Solutions Engineer, you are responsible for the execution of technical projects/initiatives from evaluation/proof of concept stages, production launch to operational handoff. This position must possess the highest levels of both business and technical acumen – understanding business drivers, matching those to technology and clearly articulating complex solutions.
Job responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Perform research/analysis of new technology projects/initiatives and able to quickly communicate findings to other members of our technical staff.
- Create proof of concept demonstrating value proposition and guide target audience through solution walkthroughs and presentations.
- Ability to provide detailed technical design documents that match design specifications for solutions that are deployed.
- Keep abreast of new and innovative technology to provide recommendations that better meet the organization’s needs.
- Manage technical designs across multiple projects to meet project time lines and customer needs.
- Engage and oversee in the development of technology proposals, design and delivery, ensuring all expertise, information and recommendations are concisely defined, while meeting EIS standards.
- Work closely with technology and business teams to understand their needs and ensure alignment to existing projects/initiatives.
- Responsible for working with our operational partners in developing and planning the project timeline including all project phases-requirements, workflow, QA and testing, end-user training, go-live readiness and support.
- Provides project management expertise for entire project life cycle. This includes, but is not limited to, facilitating the following functions: system requirements definition, process and/or workflow redesign, business case development, Request for Proposal development, vendor evaluation and selection, and contract negotiation and development. Ensures contract compliance, risk analysis, project scope, implementation management, and support transition.
- Provides informative and timely status reports using department reporting procedures for both internal EIS and external operational customers.
- Keeps abreast of current trend and developments in the field through participation with vendor user groups, attending conferences, vendor demonstrations, and interacting with other vendor customers. Maintains a strong understanding of system development and project management methodologies.
- Responds thoroughly and promptly to customer needs as defined in conjunction with customers. Assumes ownership of customer relationships and
follows issues through to closure.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education Certifications/Licensure Experience Physical Abilities Educational requirements and/or preferences:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
• A minimum of 7 years’ of progressive technical experience on multiple Hardware and Software Environments and be comfortable with complex heterogeneous enterprise environments (10,000 users+), requiring knowledge and skills that are both broad and deep.
• Demonstrated technical and organizational leadership on multiple projects through the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), and has usually performed in a variety of different roles in that life cycle.
• Able to solve complex problems independently, quickly, and completely and communicate them clearly to upper management.
• Strong project management and interpersonal skills; able to deal effectively with diverse skill sets and personalities, provide strong team leadership, and work effectively as a team player.
• Highly organized with a proven ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines, manage several complex projects at one time, and utilize time effectively for staff and self.
• Healthcare sector experience a plus.
• Executes all job responsibilities and assignments promptly, reliably, honestly, and ethically.
• Ability to share and communicate ideas clearly, both orally and in writing, to executive staff, business sponsors, and technical resources in clear concise language that is appropriate for each audience. The communication must be pragmatic consensus-building, conflict-prevention, and resolution skill-set.
• Strong infrastructure architecture background with experience in virtualization technologies.
• Strong understanding of hardware, security, storage, networking and database capacity.
• Experience in deploying, managing and monitoring systems that run on Linux and Windows. Experience delivering infrastructure for distributed, scalable, secure, reliable software systems.
- Working Title: Sr. Solutions Engineer
- Business Entity: CSMC - Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Cost Center # - Cost Center Name: 0848022 - Chief Technology Officer
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Information Technology/Telecom
- Job Specialty: Technology Architecture
- Position Type: Regular-F/T
- Shift Length: 8hr
- Hours: 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Days: Monday - Friday
- Shift Type: Day
- Weekends: As Needed
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.