Cedars-Sinai Sr. Financial Management Analyst in Los Angeles, California
Sr. Financial Management Analyst Requisition # 29749
Summary of Essential Job Duties:
The Senior Financial Management Analyst will process a variety of financial and accounting transactions on a day-to-day basis and play an integral role in the month-end general ledger closing process.
Summary of Essential Duties:
• Play a key role in the month-end close process
• Function as a department liaison between the research community, academic affairs, and general accounting to ensure the accurate and complete recording of financial information
• Coordinate and provide instructions to departments for annual inventory counts
• Prepare both standard and non-standard journal entries to record transactions impacting the Medical Center and its affiliates
• Prepare general ledger account reconciliations on a monthly basis
• Investigate budget to actual account balance fluctuations on a monthly basis and provide detailed explanations to executive management
• Respond to requests for information from various departments and internal management
• Develop process improvement opportunities and present to executive management
• Assist in internal and external audit requests including preparing audit schedules and supporting documents
• Perform other related duties as assigned or required
Education Certifications/Licensure Experience Physical Abilities Educational Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
CPA desirable but not required
3-5 years accounting experience in healthcare environment or 2-3 years in public accounting.
Must have strong computer skills, primarily in Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
A desirable candidate has strong organizational and analytical skills, maintains a positive attitude, adapts quickly to changing business needs &/or priorities, and possesses the ability to work on multiple projects while meeting specified deadlines
Physical Demands: (e.g., lifting, standing, walking)
Navigating standard office setting
- Working Title: Sr. Financial Management Analyst
- Business Entity: CSMC - Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Cost Center # - Cost Center Name: 0851013 - Tech Acctng & External Rprtng
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Finance/Patient Financial Services
- Job Specialty: General Accounting
- Position Type: Regular-F/T
- Shift Length: 8hr
- Hours: 8am - 5pm
- Days: Monday - Friday
- Shift Type: Day
- Weekends: None
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.