Cedars-Sinai Sr. Epic Cadence Trainer in Los Angeles, California
Sr. Epic Cadence Trainer Requisition # E10080
The Senior Cadence Trainer will contribute substantially to the development, implementation, and success of the software application/systems training program. Will be responsible for mastering at least one module of the greater application and all specific workflows for the business unit to which they are assigned. Will be expected to develop and implement the training program and will be responsible for the building, testing, and maintenance of a well-designed training environment for their application. Will ensure that updates and new software releases are incorporated into the training environment, all changes are communicated to their business units, and that update training is provided. In addition, will be expected to guide the work of Trainers and Associate Trainers, as directed by the Lead Trainer.
- Assists the Lead Trainer and Training Manager with training plans for their designated applications.
- Works with project managers, applications managers, applications specialists, and subject matter experts to develop, validate, and update training materials.
- Reviews, edits, and approves any curricula or other materials developed by trainers or associate trainers.
- Develops application-specific and cross-application training environment requirements.
- Builds, configures, and tests the training environment to mirror the production environment system, including the inclusion of upgrades, fixes, and new releases.
- Proactively escalates issues and risks that cannot be resolved by the assigned work group to the Lead Trainer or Training Manager.
- Develops and executes appropriate success criteria and measures for training.
- Develops post implementation/upgrade training optimization plans.
- Coordinates the appropriate level of training for business unit managers and end-users.
- Develops plans to assure the provision of application training at agreed upon service levels and costs.
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures for all areas of training responsibility.
- Provides mentoring to Associate Trainers and Trainers.
- Manages and completes all project tasks and requirements within timelines as assigned by the Lead Trainer and Training Manager.
Education Certifications/Licensure Experience Physical Abilities Educational requirements and/or preferences:
• Bachelor's Degree in Instructional Design, Medical Informatics, Instructional Technology, Communication, Education or related field. Advanced degree in Instructional Design or Medical Informatics is preferred. Equivalent combination of education and work experience is acceptable.
• Typically requires 3-5 years of systems training and curricula development experience; 5-7 years preferred.
• Demonstrated experience with training curriculum development.
• Healthcare or related medical training experience preferred.
• eLearning courses design and development experience preferred.
• Learning management system administration experience preferred.
• Requires demonstrated ability to deliver classroom training using best practice adult learning principles.
• Demonstrated use of basic project management methodologies.
• Ability to accept accountability for assignments, timeliness and quality of work
• Excellent communication skills with all levels of hospital staff and amongst team leaders.
• Requires 3-5 years experience training front office staff.
• Requires current Epic Cadence/Prelude, Grand Central, Referrals or Tapestry certification.
- Working Title: Sr. Epic Cadence Trainer
- Business Entity: CSMC - Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Cost Center # - Cost Center Name: 0848002 - EIS Training Team
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Information Technology/Telecom
- Job Specialty: Clinical Systems
- Position Type: Regular-F/T
- Shift Length: 8hr
- Hours: 8am - 5pm
- Days: Monday - Friday
- Shift Type: Day
- Weekends: As Needed
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.