Cedars-Sinai Senior Reports Specialist in Los Angeles, California
Senior Reports Specialist Requisition # E10086
Come join us and find out why Cedars-Sinai has been ranked as one of the top 100 best places to work in IT as ranked by 2017 Computerworld Magazine.
Works with users throughout the organization in gathering requirements, designing, and developing organization-wide clinical and financial reports. Works on more complex reporting projects. Interacts with departments to lead them to the best enterprise-supported reporting solutions. Serves as a liaison between users and developers to translate requests into the programming specifications as needed. Works in conjunction with business analysts, application developers and engineers in more complex projects. Uses enterprise reporting tool across the organization. Provides ongoing support for production reporting environments.
- Gathers end user requirements, then uses SQL programming code to develop required reports.
- Independently writes and optimizes moderately complex to advanced queries. Works with Oracle/ reporting developers or database administrators on most complex queries.
- Deploys reports electronically using the appropriate enterprise reporting environment and strategy. Manages the process of moving reports into a production mode.
- Facilities the validation and testing of new or revised reports. Works with user to verify results and content, develops errors or exception reports when applicable and receives official user sign off on completed work.
- Tracks, documents, and facilitates resolution of all reporting technical issues. Keeps problem resolution log and proactively manages growth and utilization of analytic reporting products.
- Maintains technical and end-user documentation.
- Provides consultation to end-users and CSHS analysts on a range of query tools and relational database packages including Brio, SAS, Crystal Reports, Microsoft Access, TOAD, Tableau, Excel and Business Objects. Maintains the business objects "universe" that supports report writing in that tool.
- Institutes and monitors end-user support services. Includes coordination with Help Desk resources, response to voice/email messages and general triage of end-user and CSHS analyst requests.
- Primary/Secondary responsibility for maintenance of all on-line production reports and associated user accounts used throughout the organization. Includes scheduling of reports, monitoring report updates from source files and notification of report availability and refresh schedule. User account management includes creation of new accounts and deletion and revision to existing accounts.
- Follows team standards, development methodology and processes for specification, implementation, testing, change management, distribution, and documentation of reports.
- Performs analytics-based quality improvement projects that leverage data collected from multiple sources to measure and predict outcomes.
- Generate reports to evaluate the impact of rate proposals from health plans, analyze cost for contract changes, including PMPM cost targets by specialty area.
Education Certifications/Licensure Experience Physical Abilities Educational requirements and/or preferences:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent is preferred.
• 3+ years of related hands on experience performing reporting analysis and developing custom reports is required. Epic Clarity experience is preferred.
• Experience with SQL and expertise with a range of query tools such as Brio, SAS, Crystal Reports, Business Objects, Microsoft Access, Excel, etc. (BO Preferred).
• Experience with patient care-oriented databases, hospital-based administrative database applications and data warehousing technology preferred.
• Experience in systems analysis, user relations, and vendor interactions.
• Skill in using SQL and expertise with a range of query tools such as Brio, SAS, Crystal Reports, Cognos, Microsoft Access, Excel, etc. (Brio Preferred). Support role includes system administration functions and use of the analytic tools.
• Knowledge of relational database technology and client-server applications.
• Knowledge of healthcare applications and terminology, patient care environments, needs and priorities of patient care personnel preferred.
• Skill in systems analysis, user relations, and vendor interactions.
• Demonstrated understanding of healthcare applications as well as the needs and priorities of patient care providers.
- Working Title: Senior Reports Specialist
- Business Entity: CSMC - Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Cost Center # - Cost Center Name: 0851051 - Decision Support
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Information Technology/Telecom
- Job Specialty: Technology Architecture
- Position Type: Regular-F/T
- Shift Length: 8hr
- Hours: 8am - 5pm
- Days: Monday - Friday
- Shift Type: Day
- Weekends: As Needed
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.