Cedars-Sinai Security Officer in Los Angeles, California
Summary of essential job
duties for the Security Officer position include:
- Must be able to work extended shifts
when emergency situations warrant.
- Work in various environments including
outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat.
- Must be able to work in all areas,
interstitial spaces and grounds in and surrounding the medical center.
- Performs internal/external patrols of
the medical center and campus buildings.
- Promptly respond to all unusual
emergencies and provides timely written reports to his/her Watch Commander.
- Carries out assigned tasks and post
- Provides escort services and protects
the safety of others.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team
player required in a diverse cultural setting
- High school diploma or GED required.
Valid California Driver's License Required
California Security Guard Card required.
IAHSS certification preferred.
- Ability to read, understand and clearly speak
English; constantly use speech and hearing in communicating with visitors,
staff and patients.
- Effective written and oral communication and
interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel, general
public and patients in a professional and effective manner: must be able to use
initiative and independent judgement within established guidelines.
- Must be able to frequently prepare reports and logs
in a neat and legible manner.
- Basic computer skills required. Will be required to
complete electronic incident reports using a computer.
- Must be able to work in personal protective
equipment (gloves, masks and gowns) while assisting medical staff.
Physical Demands: (e.g., lifting, standing, walking)
- Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire
shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet).
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during
shift and run as needed.
- Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to
perform various duties, including lift or carry up to 80 lbs.
- Constant use of both hands, arms and fingers in
reaching/handling/grasping while using radio, phone, notepad, writing reports
and other administrative tasks.
- Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal
level required) to observe, read, interact with people and view security
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law.