Cedars-Sinai Security Officer in Los Angeles, California
Summary of essential job duties for the Security
Officer position include:
- Must be able to work extended shifts when emergency
- Work in various environments including outdoor conditions
such as cold, rain or heat.
- Must be able to work in all areas, interstitial spaces and
grounds in and surrounding the medical center.
- Performs internal/external patrols of the medical center
and campus buildings.
- Promptly respond to all unusual emergencies and provides
timely written reports to his/her Watch Commander.
Carries out assigned tasks and post instructions.
Provides escort services and protects the safety of others.
Strong interpersonal skills and a team player required in a
diverse cultural setting.
- High school diploma or GED required.
Valid California Driver's License Required
California Security Guard Card required.
IAHSS certification preferred.
- Ability to read, understand and clearly speak English;
constantly use speech and hearing in communicating with visitors, staff and
- Effective written and oral communication and interpersonal
skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel, general public and
patients in a professional and effective manner: must be able to use initiative
and independent judgement within established guidelines.
- Must be able to frequently prepare reports and logs in a
neat and legible manner.
- Basic computer skills required. Will be required to
complete electronic incident reports using a computer.
- Must be able to work in personal protective equipment
(gloves, masks and gowns) while assisting medical staff.
Physical Demands: (e.g., lifting, standing, walking)
- Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on
various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet).
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
and run as needed.
- Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform
various duties, including lift or carry up to 80 lbs.
- Constant use of both hands, arms and fingers in
reaching/handling/grasping while using radio, phone, notepad, writing reports
and other administrative tasks.
- Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level
required) to observe, read, interact with people and view security monitors.