Cedars-Sinai Pharmacy Tech Prdm in Los Angeles, California
Pharmacy Tech Prdm Requisition # 29914
Summary of Essential Job Duties:
The Pharmacy Technician is responsible for the preparation, distribution and control Of sterile and non-sterile oral and injectable medications and participation in departmental programs,. All duties are performed independently by the technician under the supervision of a pharmacist. The employee performs job duties with sensitivity to the patient's diverse cultural backgrounds. The employee maintains competency skills to differentiate the dose ranges and dosage forms with consideration to the age of the population served, if applicable,
Registered as a Pharmacy Technician with the California State Board of Pharmacy.
• Ability to speak, read and write the English language.
• Individuals must be able to do calculations involving ratios, proportions and percentages.
• Subject to background and reference check.
• Post Hiring:
- Requited to attend and pass all of the pharmacy technician training classes with a minimum score of 90% on the exam.
- In the event of a score of less than 90% on any part of the exam, a trainee wilt be allowed to repeat a test section one time only. Failure to pass with 90% or better on a repeat test will result in termination or transfer back to the previous position of another department.
- Acceptable completion of the an-the-job training program as evidenced by work samples and/or practical examinations.
Registered as a Pharmacy Technician with the California State Board of Pharmacy License
- Technicians must have an adequate background in Pharmacy or Pharmacy Training, as well as show a deep sense of honesty, integrity, reliability and good hygiene. Pharmacy background is necessary for the technician to be able to interpret physicians' orders for pharmacy items and to calculate dosages, volumes, weights, etc., for extemporaneous compounding.
- Technicians must exhibit accuracy and punctuality in all facets of their work.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and' written communication skills
- Equipment. The technician must be able to use the following equipment calculator, computer printer, PC, medication carts, automated dispensing machines etc. Proficiency in the operation of specialized equipment is necessary for assignment to specialized areas, i.e. OR/ER, Sterile Manufacturing, ACP, Storeroom, etc.,
- Schedule/Hours: The technician must be able to rotate shifts, alternate weekends, and rotate throughout any areas requiring pharmacy technician.
Skills and Special Knowledge
I. Drug names (trade and generic)
- Latin and chemical abbreviations
- Aseptic technique
- Regulations pertaining to the dispensing of medications
- How to determine storage conditions for pharmaceuticals
- How to determine a drug's formulary status
- Computer functions
a. Use of keyboard
b. Operation of printer including loading paper
c. Selection of appropriate functions in assigned work area, eg; running fill lists and IVPB lists, TCE reports.
Physical Demands: (e.g., fitting, standing, walking)
Physical Requirements (physical abilities essential to perform the job):
- Frequent standing; walking, bending, reaching, occasional sitting, pushing 8: pulling, lifting of materials up to 40 pounds for distances to 10 feet.
- Responsiveness to auditory alarms and communication devices including: telephones, beepers, fire alarms, and mechanical failure alarms.
- Sufficient mobility to access equipment, patients and other customers,
- Able to read information on Medication labels
Work Environment (work environments, hazards and exposures that. may be encountered on the job): 1. Exposure to minimal but constant noise levels.
- Repetitive hand motions.
- Some functions may include incidental exposure to hazards associated with preparation of cytotoxic medications.
- Some function may require use of protective gear such as gloves and fluid-resistant coats.
Education Certifications/Licensure Experience Physical Abilities
- Working Title: Pharmacy Tech Prdm
- Business Entity: CSMC - Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Cost Center # - Cost Center Name: 0771032 - AHSP Pharmacy
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Allied Health/Clinical
- Job Specialty: Pharmacy
- Position Type: Per Diem
- Shift Length: 8hr
- Hours: tbd
- Days: Departmental Schedule
- Shift Type: Flexible
- Weekends: As Needed
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.