Cedars-Sinai Operations Technician I in Los Angeles, California
Operations Technician I Requisition # 29769
Summary of Essential Job Duties:
Under the general supervision of the Operations Manager and the Operations Lead Technician, the incumbent is responsible for performing the routine duties related to operation of the cage washers, autoclave, bedding dispensers and bottle fillers located in Comparative Medicine. The incumbent must be a motivated self-starter with good teamwork practices.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Operates cage washers, autoclave, automatic water bottle fillers and bedding dispensers; also uses pressure washer and floor scrubber.
- Sanitizes and/or sterilizes animal cages, racks and related equipment.
- Prepares and uses disinfecting and sanitizing solutions.
- Responsible for following written and oral instructions (in English). Must possess good communication skills.
- Operates department vehicles as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Education Certifications/Licensure Experience Physical Abilities Educational Requirements:
High school graduate or GED. Able to read and comprehend written and verbal instructions in English.
Physical Demands: (e.g., lifting, standing, walking)
Able to lift up to 50 pounds. Able to work standing up for long periods. Able to perform repetitive motions.
- Working Title: Operations Technician I
- Business Entity: CSMC - Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Cost Center # - Cost Center Name: 0849002 - RESEARCH - VIVARIUM
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Research/Research Admin
- Job Specialty: Research
- Position Type: Regular-F/T
- Shift Length: 8hr
- Hours: 8am - 4:30pm
- Days: Monday - Friday
- Shift Type: Day
- Weekends: As Needed
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.