Cedars-Sinai Management Assistant II in Los Angeles, California
Management Assistant II Requisition # 29045
The Clinical & Translational Science Institute (CTSI) and Clinical & Translational Research Center (CTRC) at Cedars-Sinai is looking for a Management Assistant II to join their team.
• Perform administrative assistant support activities for the Clinical & Translational Science Institute (CTSI) and Clinical & Translational Research Center (CTRC).
• Under supervision of the Research Manager, provide lead support for purchasing office, clinical and laboratory supplies and equipment utilizing PeopleSoft; and maintains filing system of these documents, etc. This includes submitting requests for equipment quotes, consulting agreements, bid waivers, freezer repairs, Airgas dry ice, etc. This also includes ordering supplies from Office Depot per staffing needs, and resolving returns, mistaken shipments, etc. This includes preparing and processing print shop requests for staff or department needs.
• Provides lead assistance in processing payments for services and reimbursements for department activities.
• Provides lead assistance in research billing on regular basis, working with investigators and research staff, as well as Finance and/or Sponsored Research Fund Accounting to reconcile charges. This includes preparing transfers for charges between research projects.
• Provides lead assistance in coordinating specific projects such as Clinical Research 101 program, and/or assisting in department programs such as Rubenstein Resident Awards, Malaniak Post-Doctoral Awards, Clinical Fellow Awards, High School Mentoring program, etc. This includes arranging conference room reservations, coordinating speaker schedules, preparing graphics/fliers/posters, providing catering, processing check requests for the award winners, ordering plaques for the award winners, etc.
• Performs the ambassador function for the annual Employee Engagement survey, and provides SDAN support for the annual competencies and employee physicals for the department.
• May provide support assistance in the compilation of the department annual progress report with ability to interact with research staff and investigators to collect necessary data, including searching for publication data in PubMed, or registration within the NIH publication database.
• May provide support assistance in the compilation of the department research visit database, providing data entry, editing and proofreading while maintaining research patient confidentiality and engaging with the staff to reconcile data entries.
• Must observe human subject protections education requirements and guidelines; must complete CITICOURSE and maintain continuing education credits.
• May provide reception desk coverage for the department, including answering phones, receives patients and visitors, with ability to interact with research participants, research staff, investigators, delivery personnel, hospital staff, etc.
• May provide transcription of correspondence, minutes, grants, and manuscripts.
• Assists in special projects as assigned. Should be able to prioritize tasks, be detail minded, and be an effective communicator.
Education Certifications/Licensure Experience Physical Abilities Educational Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree preferred with experience in a professional/healthcare/research setting, with courses in business, accounting, computer operation & applications, and English grammar and writing.
• Proficiency with Windows, word processing and spreadsheet programs (WORD, EXCEL, PDF, etc.), PowerPoint presentation programs, E-mail browsers and online reporting, with typing proficiency of 60wpm.
• Ability to edit material and ensure correct punctuation, spelling and grammar. Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations. Ability to compose simple business letters.
Physical Demands: (e.g., lifting, standing, walking)
Must be able to stand and walk distances over the greater portion of the assigned shift; mobility between campus sites.
- Working Title: Management Assistant II
- Business Entity: CSMC - Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Cost Center # - Cost Center Name: 0801081 - Home Dept-Melmed
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Clerical/Administrative
- Job Specialty: Administrative Assistant
- Position Type: Regular-F/T
- Shift Length: 8hr
- Hours: 8am - 4:30pm
- Days: Monday - Friday
- Shift Type: Day
- Weekends: As Needed
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.