Cedars-Sinai Facilities Supervisor - Biomanufacturing Center in Los Angeles, California
Facilities Supervisor - Biomanufacturing Center Requisition # 29368
Cedars-Sinai's Biomanufacturing Center (CBC) is looking for a Facilities Supervisor who will manage the design, planning, construction and maintenance of equipment, machinery, buildings and other facilities. Plans, budgets and schedules facility modifications including estimates on equipment, labor, materials and other related costs. Oversees the coordination of building space allocation and layout, communication services and facilities expansion. May have responsibility for establishing and overseeing health and safety standards. Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Ensures compliance with state and federal laws, accreditation, professional and regulatory agency standards and licensure requirements. Maintains staff compliance with medical center policies, procedures and protocols
- Works collaboratively with various areas to ensure regulatory compliance for audits, city inspections, and center requirements.
- Assumes fiscal responsibility for the unit including unit budget preparation, labor and supply cost management, and revenue enhancement.
- In collaboration with the CBC Director, develops business and operations plans for unit and for specific programs and services within it.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of services.
- In cooperation with users, Plant Operations, Clinical Engineering, Environmental Services, Radiation/Environmental Safety, Security, outside vendors, and others: ensures a safe, efficient and trouble free operation of the research facilities
- Supervises unit employees, including responsibility for determining qualifications, hiring, maintaining and improving competence, assigning work, coaching, training (e.g., orientation, in-service and continuing education), evaluating performance, compensation, discipline and terminating employment.
- Collaborates with management in cross-functional process improvement, collaborative teamwork, open communication and problem solving to ensure the effective coordination and integration of services within and between units.
- Assure that the building and its occupants comply with all regulatory, code, and CBC requirements and correct any deficiencies
- Coordinate and oversee renovations, modifications and new construction, including working closely with engineers and architects to solve mechanical and building system deficiencies
- Work with appropriate leadership to develop space and development of long range space plan.
Education Certifications/Licensure Experience Physical Abilities Educational Requirements:
Bachelor's degree preferred
Minimum 7 years experience in a cGMP facility
Physical Demands: (e.g., lifting, standing, walking)
Able to lift up to 20 lbs. Able to sit, stand, and walk without difficulty.
- Working Title: Facilities Supervisor - Biomanufacturing Center
- Business Entity: CSMC - Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Cost Center # - Cost Center Name: 0801014 - iPSC Facility
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Research/Research Admin
- Job Specialty: Research Admin
- Position Type: Regular-F/T
- Shift Length: 8hr
- Hours: 8am - 5pm
- Days: Monday - Friday
- Shift Type: Day
- Weekends: As Needed
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.