Cedars-Sinai EIS Operational Workflow Specialist in Los Angeles, California
EIS Operational Workflow Specialist Requisition # E10084
Under supervision, provides guidance for operational departments and end users in the implementation of new systems and applications as well as ongoing optimizations and enhancements of existing systems. Assist with the translation of requirements of both end users and systems analysts. Function as the liaison between EIS and the customer to ensure optimal workflow design, system build for customization and optimization of clinical and revenue cycle systems to best serve our clinical and revenue cycle end users and patients.
• Responsible for ensuring the effective and efficient processing of project and request information for smooth clinical and business operations.
• Establishes working relationships with operational personnel, especially senior department management and clinicians.
• With the guidance of superiors, ensures project goals, milestones and implementation dates are set and achieved.
• Identifies potential problems or barriers for the project and communicates to EIS leadership and project sponsors in a timely manner.
• Tracks project issues and ensures that they are resolved.
• Ensures identification of critical path and predecessors tasks required to complete the project successfully.
• Compile lists of functional tasks and dates and communicates with user areas to ensure all tasks are included.
• Ensure a testing plan is developed and executed.
• Document current state and helps design future state operational and clinical workflows.
• Monitors project status and ensures that appropriate project monitoring tasks are implemented and utilized.
• Conducts and leads project planning meeting and/or conference calls when required.
• Provides status reports and updates on aspects of the project as requested by project sponsors.
• Assists other applications project managers/leaders in the definition of project scope and identification of alternatives.
• Maintains high level of user satisfaction through personal and team performance.
Education Certifications/Licensure Experience Physical Abilities Qualifications:
• Must possess an in-depth understanding of departmental operations and processes.
• Familiarity with clinical, financial and/or patient management health care applications or systems is required.
• An understanding of the healthcare applications suite and their place in the acute care, physician, ambulatory and ancillary settings.
• Must possess excellent clinician and physician relationship skills.
• Ability to translate the end-user workflow and requirements into application requirements/design.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong communication, presentation and customer service skills.
•Willingness to help solve organizational, operational and people problems.
Educational requirements and/or preferences:
• A bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience and training is required
• Minimum of 2 years of clinical experience in an acute or ambulatory care setting, Cedars-Sinai experience preferred.
- Working Title: EIS Operational Workflow Specialist
- Business Entity: CSMC - Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Cost Center # - Cost Center Name: 0861076 - Clinical Workflow Optimization
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Information Technology/Telecom
- Job Specialty: Clinical Systems
- Position Type: Regular-F/T
- Shift Length: 8hr
- Hours: 8am - 5pm
- Days: Monday - Friday
- Shift Type: Day
- Weekends: As Needed
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.