Cedars-Sinai Echo Sonographer II in Los Angeles, California
Echo Sonographer II Requisition # 29728
Cedars-Sinai is one of the largest nonprofit academic medical centers in the U.S. with 886 licensed beds, 2,100 physicians, 3,000 nurses and thousands of other healthcare professionals and staff. Clinical programs range from primary care for preventing, diagnosing and treating common conditions to specialized treatments for rare, complex and advanced illnesses. In addition, Cedars-Sinai serves the community through its Medical Network, which includes the highly rated Cedars-Sinai Medical Group and Cedars-Sinai Health Associates.
The Cardiac Sonographer 2 is an intermediate level position with at a minimum of 5 years of experience in acute clinical settings. The cardiac sonographer assists in all procedures performed in the Noninvasive Cardiac Laboratory (Echo) and is a member of the Echo Laboratory team. Demonstrates knowledge and competency in the field of certification and provide quality patient care, and maintain these competency skills. He/she performs procedures on patients with diverse cultural backgrounds, identifies safety concerns, institutes measures to provide a safe environment, and effectively communicates/explains procedures based on the patient’s age and makes adjustments accordingly Demonstrates continuous self-improvement, makes effective contributions to department, and may serve as a preceptor for students. Able to operate and performs studies on a variety of manufacturers’ ultrasound machines. Is able to troubleshoot various ultrasound equipment issues.
• Knowledge of at least 1 ultrasound system.
• Independently performs and calculates measurements of adult and geriatric 2-Dimensional Echocardiograms and Color Flow/Spectral Doppler studies.
• Explains procedure to patient and prepares patient for test. Review patient’s medical history, previews ultrasound images and prepares preliminary reports.
• Participates in the introduction and implementation of new procedures/protocols and in the evaluation of new imaging equipment. Support team goals.
• Reviews and reports daily operational status of equipment. Cleans and restore equipment after use. Ensures safety and security of all equipment.
• Answers and transfers phones, faxes, and scan documents as needed.
• Adheres to department productivity standards.
• Able to work well with all departments and personnel related to echocardiography testing activities.
• Perform 2D echo exams portably in outpatient setting and on the floor such as ER/ICU trauma setting independently, accurately, efficiently and effectively.
• Perform diagnostic ultrasound exams in Cath lab and understands sterile protocols.
• Performs Bubble, contrast studies, exercise, dobutamine, pacing stress echo and IMT studies.
• Demonstrates competencies in multiple protocols (ie TAVR, Mitra-Clip, Strain/CMQ, T-Mad, TDI)
• Able to assist with pericardiocentesis.
• Accurately creates Preliminary reports in CSlink and SCIimage.
• Correctly drops charges for billing in CSLink.
• Follows high level disinfection process for TEE probes and updaes the log book (Resert).
Education Certifications/Licensure Experience Physical Abilities Educational requirements and/or preferences (Licensure, Registration, Certification, Experience, Other):
• Recent graduates from a minimum of 2 year diagnostic medical sonography form a program accredited by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS).
• Skilled professional with a solid foundation in Echocardiography.
• Twelve months of accumulated experience within the last three years in a comparable job classification.
• Must obtain ARDMS registry status in the appropriate modality within 12 months of hire date. All other candidates must have current ARDMS registry upon hire.
• BS or AS degree in a related health care category is preferable.
• Must have a current BLS for Healthcare Providers (CPR and AED) program from the American Heart Association
• Full command (verbal and written) of the English language-required
• Registered Diagnostic and Cardiac Sonographer (ARDMS) or Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI)-Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS)
- Working Title: Echo Sonographer II
- Business Entity: CSMC - Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Cost Center # - Cost Center Name: 0756032 - AHSP Echocardiology
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Allied Health/Clinical
- Job Specialty: Other Allied Health
- Position Type: Regular-P/T
- Shift Length: 8hr
- Hours: tbd
- Days: Monday - Friday
- Shift Type: Day
- Weekends: None
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.