Cedars-Sinai Supervisor Clinical Lab Scientist in Beverly Hills, California
Supervisor Clinical Lab Scientist Requisition # M12135
Supervises and coordinates activities and functions of staff engaged in performing clinical laboratory tests to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of diseases.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervises assigned laboratory staff responsible for performance of tests in fields of Chemistry, Immunochemistry, Serology, Coagulation, Urinalysis and associated specialties.
- Completes and conducts performance appraisals and coaching/counseling in collaboration with the laboratory manager.
- Responsible for Quality Assessment and Compliance policies of the laboratory.
- Assists in the selection and hiring process of new personnel.
- Coordinates and conducts orientation and training for new and existing personnel.
- Assists with routine purchasing of laboratory supplies and provides input and recommendations concerning purchase of supplies and equipment.
- Assists laboratory manager in evaluation and implementation of new procedures.
- Troubleshoots problems with laboratory equipment.
- As a working supervisor, will be expected to be trained to perform any function in the laboratory.
Education Certifications/Licensure Experience Physical Abilities QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology or a related field and a minimum of 5 years’ related laboratory experience in a generalist role. Supervisory experience strongly preferred. Requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and knowledge of quality assessment and compliance. Two years of oncology experience preferred. Six years of supervisory experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Licensure as a clinical laboratory scientist in the State of California.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Working Title: Supervisor Clinical Lab Scientist
- Business Entity: MDN - Medical Delivery Network
- Cost Center # - Cost Center Name: 0152000 - THO Laboratory
- City: Beverly Hills
- Job Category: Allied Health/Clinical
- Job Specialty: Other Allied Health
- Position Type: Regular-F/T
- Shift Length: 8hr
- Hours: 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Days: Monday - Friday
- Shift Type: Day
- Weekends: None
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.