Cedars-Sinai Patient Service Rep II in Beverly Hills, California
Patient Service Rep II Requisition # M12144
The Patient Service Representative supports the physician and clinical staff in the delivery of health care by performing a variety of administrative related tasks to maintain a smooth and efficient front office workflow.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Greet patients.
- Collect co-payments/give receipts/reconcile payments/batch fee tickets.
- Prepare charts.
- Review patient demographics and insurance information.
- Perform/update demographics and insurance registration.
- Collect co-pay/insurance cards, copying required information.
- Manage patient flow.
- Maintain waiting rooms.
- Schedule first available appointments.
- Take voice mail messages off phones and direct appropriately.
- Answer and triage calls, directing to appropriate individuals or departments.
- Handle all telephone interactions.
- Perform check-in and check-out functions.
- Process and track referrals.
- Handle patient/MD correspondence.
- Manage all MD requests.
- Schedule patients with ancillary and specialty providers.
Education Certifications/Licensure Experience Physical Abilities EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2-5 years experience preferred.
- Basic computer experience.
- Proven customer service skills.
- Experience with heavy phone volume.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Advanced knowledge of medical terminology and insurance concepts (ability to problem solve and assist patients).
- Ability to schedule using summary search.
- Be able to differentiate between CSMG & CSHA, HMO, PPO, and POS; be able to follow P&P accordingly.
Demonstrates behavior which supports the Cedars-Sinai Health System mission. Attends required orientation and training seminars. Meets production standards within established time requirements. Work product and performance meet quality standards. Demonstrates respect and positive interpersonal skills with patients, clients, the public, managers, and co-workers--a team player. Maintains confidentiality of patient care and business matters. Observes time, attendance, and dress code standards. Protects the safety of others and of the physical plant and equipment, following institution policies, fire, safety and infection control regulations. The above Statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees classified in this job.
- Working Title: Patient Service Rep II
- Business Entity: MDN - Medical Delivery Network
- Cost Center # - Cost Center Name: 0108400 - Wilshire - Geriatrics
- City: Beverly Hills
- Job Category: Clerical/Administrative
- Job Specialty: Administrative Assistant
- Position Type: Regular-F/T
- Shift Length: 8hr
- Hours: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Days: Monday - Friday
- Shift Type: Day
- Weekends: None
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.