Cedars-Sinai Patient Service Representative II in Playa Vista, California
Requisition #: M11911
Working Title: Patient Service Representative II
Business Entity: MDN - Medical Delivery Network
Cost Center # - Cost Center Name: 0174000 - Playa Vista - UC
City: Playa Vista
Job Category: Clerical/Administrative
Job Specialty: Administrative Assistant
Position Type: Regular-F/T
Shift Length: 10hr
Days: Departmental Schedule
Shift Type: Day
Weekends: As Needed
Job Posting: The Patient Service Representative supports the physician and clinical staff in the delivery of health care by performing a variety of administrative related tasks to maintain a smooth and efficient front office workflow.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Greet patients.
2. Collect co-payments/give receipts/reconcile payments/batch fee tickets.
3. Prepare charts.
4. Review patient demographics and insurance information.
5. Perform/update demographics and insurance registration.
6. Collect co-pay/insurance cards, copying required information.
7. Manage patient flow.
8. Maintain waiting rooms.
9. Schedule first available appointments.
10. Take voice mail messages off phones and direct appropriately.
11. Answer and triage calls, directing to appropriate individuals or departments.
12. Handle all telephone interactions.
13. Perform check-in and check-out functions.
14. Process and track referrals.
15. Handle patient/MD correspondence.
16. Manage all MD requests.
17. Schedule patients with ancillary and specialty providers.
Education Certifications/Licensure Experience Physical Abilities EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. 2-5 years experience preferred.
3. Basic computer experience.
4. Proven customer service skills.
5. Experience with heavy phone volume.
6. Ability to prioritize.
7. Advanced knowledge of medical terminology and insurance concepts (ability to problem solve and assist patients).
8. Ability to schedule using summary search.
9. Be able to differentiate between CSMG & CSHA, HMO, PPO, and POS; be able to follow P&P accordingly.
Have you updated your profile lately? If not, please click "Edit Profile" link at the top of this page.
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.