Cedars-Sinai Manager, BI/Clarity Reporting (Epic) in Los Angeles, California
Requisition #: 9958
Working Title: Manager, BI/Clarity Reporting (Epic)
Business Entity: CSMC - Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Cost Center # - Cost Center Name: 0848018 - Department Systems Team
City: Los Angeles
Job Category: Management/Professional
Job Specialty: Manager
Position Type: Regular-F/T
Shift Length: 8hr
Hours: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Days: Monday - Friday
Shift Type: Day
Weekends: As Needed
Job Posting: Come join us and find out why Cedars-Sinai has been ranked as one of the top 100 best places to work in IT as ranked by 2017 Computerworld Magazine. Always at the forefront of technologies, Cedars-Sinai has implementing EPIC as its comprehensive electronic medical record system.
The Enterprise Information Services (EIS) team at Cedars-Sinai understands that true clinical transformation and the optimization of a clinical information systems implementation is fueled through the alignment of the right people, processes and technologies.
Currently, the EIS team is recruiting for a Business Intelligence/Epic Clarity Manager to join the team.
The Manager will be responsible a group of analysts and report developers, leading them in the analysis, requirements, design, development, testing, enhancement, documentation, and ongoing support of reporting requests. These requests support the day to day/ongoing business and patient care processes within the health system. They will also be responsible in conjunction with the other BI teams in the evaluation, selection, and integration of new technologies and report development tools especially for customer self-service. Recruit, selects and mentors technical staff, manages consultants and contractors, and oversees the operations for report development from our EMR application.
1. Provides expertise, management, and leadership to EIS report development teams.
2. Will facilitate and maintain the efficient intake and governance of report requests
3. Supervises and participates in the design, implementation, testing, enhancement, and documentation of reports
4. Facilitates, advises and provides support to the customer/s in regards to their data requests
5. Scans, evaluates, selects, and integrates new technology solutions.
6. Responsible for management of EIS capital and operating budgets as assigned
7. Defines job duties and competencies, recruits, and selects staff for technical positions
8. Participates in multidisciplinary teams for requirements definition, vendor selection, and information systems implementation, testing, and support
9. Participates in the development and implementation of other EIS technical policies, procedures, and standards
10. Participates in the development and implementation of enterprise policies for data security and confidentiality
11. Implements the CSHS technology architecture guidelines for technology infrastructure and application development
12. Participates in EIS informatics teaching, research, and publishing efforts
13. Performs other duties as assigned or required by the Director of Enterprise Data Intelligence or designee
Education Certifications/Licensure Experience Physical Abilities MS in CS/EE or equivalent.
Minimum of eight to ten years experience with information systems in a complex multi-platform healthcare environment. Experience demonstrates progressive broad-based information systems experience, with three to five years of demonstrated management/supervisory experience i of a healthcare IT team of 7+ employees with an annual budget exceeding $2 million. Two to three years of this experience required specifically in Epic Clarity report development.
Demonstrated expertise with healthcare applications and understanding of the needs and priorities of patient care providers.
Demonstrated expertise with Epic modules/applications as well as Clarity
Demonstrated knowledge with healthcare operational workflows – business and clinical
Demonstrated expertise with applications/tools such as Business Objects, Crystal, Tableau, Hana
Demonstrated expertise in a wide range of software development, client/server, relational database, systems integration, and networking technologies.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, demonstrated expertise in project management, systems analysis, customer relations, and vendor contract negotiation and management.
Excellent interpersonal skills, able to deal effectively with diverse skill sets and personalities, provide strong team leadership, and work effectively as a team player.
Expert with mainstream office automation, project management, presentation, and communications tools.
Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
Executes all job responsibilities and assignments promptly, reliably, honestly, and ethically.
Have you updated your profile lately? If not, please click "Edit Profile" link at the top of this page.
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.