Cedars-Sinai Clarity (Epic) Report Writer - Per Diem (100% remote) in Los Angeles, California
Requisition #: E10022
Working Title: Clarity (Epic) Report Writer - Per Diem (100% remote)
Business Entity: CSMC - Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Cost Center # - Cost Center Name: 0848041 - EIS Report Development
City: Los Angeles
Job Category: Information Technology/Telecom
Job Specialty: Infrastructure Technology
Position Type: Per Diem
Shift Length: 8hr
Hours: 8am - 5pm or as needed
Days: Monday - Friday
Shift Type: Day
Weekends: As Needed
Job Posting: Come join us and find out why Cedars-Sinai has been ranked as one of the top 100 best places to work in IT as ranked by 2017 Computerworld Magazine. Always at the forefront of technologies, Cedars-Sinai is implementing EPIC as its comprehensive electronic medical record system.
The Enterprise Information Services (EIS) team at Cedars-Sinai understands that true clinical transformation and the optimization of a clinical information systems implementation is fueled through the alignment of the right people, processes and technologies.
Currently, we are seeking to hire a Clarity (Epic) Report Writer.
The Report Specialist deploys and supports analytic reporting tools and applications across the organization. Deployment and system responsibilities include system administration, monitoring system performance, coordination of upgrades, license tracking, user documentation, and facilitating all system and application-related issues. End-user support responsibilities include overall coordination of the analytic tool training programs, report troubleshooting, help desk facilitation, and managing the implementation of on-line reports to a wide range of users. The report specialist serves as the primary contact for any CSHS analyst using analytic tools for reporting purposes.
1. Gathers end user requirements to develop required reports.
2. Independently writes and optimizes simple to moderately complex queries.
3. Deploys reports electronically using the appropriate enterprise reporting environment and strategy. Manages the process of moving reports into a production mode.
4. Facilities the validation and testing of new or revised reports. Works with user to verify results and content, develops errors or exception reports when applicable and receives official user sign off on completed work.
5. Tracks, documents, and facilitates resolution of all reporting technical issues. Keeps problem resolution log and proactively manages growth and utilization of analytic reporting products.
6. Maintains technical and end-user documentation.
7. Provides consultation to end-users and CSHS analysts on a range of query tools and relational database packages.
8. Institutes and monitors end-user support services. Includes coordination with Help Desk resources, response to voice/email messages and general triage of end-user and CSHS analyst requests.
9. Primary/Secondary responsibility for maintenance of all on-line production reports and associated user accounts used throughout the organization. Includes scheduling of reports, monitoring report updates from source files and notification of report availability and refresh schedule. User account management includes creation of new accounts and deletion and revision to existing accounts.
10. Follows team standards, development methodology and processes for specification, implementation, testing, change management, distribution, and documentation of reports.
Education Certifications/Licensure Experience Physical Abilities Educational Requirements:
•Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Experience required with SQL and expertise with a range of query tools such as SAS, Business Objects/Crystal Reports, Cognos, Microsoft Access, Excel, etc (Business Objects Preferred). Support role includes system administration functions and use of the analytic tools.
• Demonstrated understanding of relational database technology and client-server applications required.
• Expertise with web Reporting tools required.
• Competence in mainstream personal computer-based database development, office automation, project management, and communications tools.
• Experience with patient care-oriented databases, hospital-based administrative database applications and data warehousing technology preferred.
• Demonstrated understanding of healthcare applications and terminology, patient care environments, needs and priorities of patient care personnel preferred.
• Demonstrated experience in systems analysis, user relations, and vendor interactions.
• Able to deal with diverse skill sets and personalities; functions well as a team player; earns the respect of end-users and EIS peers.
• Highly organized with proven ability to meet deadlines, prioritize workload, and manage own time effectively.
• Executes all job responsibilities and assignments promptly, reliably, honestly, and ethically.
• Above-average oral, written and presentation skills.
Have you updated your profile lately? If not, please click "Edit Profile" link at the top of this page.
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.